Sunday, October 13, 2013

Movies and Websites

First I have to tell you that I had to watch that in a professional development training class. I used to work for BOCES II for about 5 years. They had us watch the movie because we were teacher aids. What I liked most is the adults understanding what it meant by learning disabilities. Most adults have no clue what that term means. Yes they joke and kid around in the video but it made since to do so. I worked with students who felt like outcast and had no way of communicating. I liked the one exercise about learning disability with no volunteers. LD's don't like surprises.

Take a bunch of people not in education and see how they do. What do you think would happen today? I don't they could handle it. Being a teacher aid and now a teacher I understand children and disabilities better. I would love to try this same exercise and see what happens. The 21st century still has the same taboo around LDs.

I just finished my 40 website interactions. It was long and grueling. I think it's wonderful we get the chance to explore these sites. Some I heard of others NEVER would have. Now I can see why enjoy stumble upon.com so much. I always go to sites I would never look for.

No comments:

Post a Comment