Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Apps for the iPad

I looked into five different apps for the iPad. I am pleased with what I found and I think all five could be useful and be considered meaningful learning. My apps I downloaded were for the core subjects and one for art.
 My first evaluation is the: Critical Evaluation of a Content Based Mobile App-Art Puzzles 2-it has great colors but there is only 5 puzzles on it. This would be good for curriculum connection, feedback, differentiation, user friendliness, student motivation that would be the (yes) part of the evaluation. The (no) part would include reporting, sound, support page I didn't find it helpful. Bloom's Taxonomy this would fall into remembering. The summary of the app is that there should be more puzzles. I think students would benefit more from a variety.   It has a 3 star rating.

Second evaluation: Rubric for iPad Apps-Hangman defiantly under the all the domains. I think it would be great for students to learn the definition of words through this game. It is also good to reinforce words. I think if you pair up students they would get more use out of it. I was thinking even making a worksheet to go along with the words and definitions. It has 3 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment